McAuley Institute has helped to generate affordable housing for more than 10,000 people nationwide. Much more, however, remains to be done.
Even as the nation's economy grows strong and homeownership reaches record highs, thousand of individual lives remain unaffected by these positive trends. Here are the facts:
- More than 600,000 people in the US are homeless on any given night.
- More than 5 million households live in substandard homes or pay more than half of their earnings for shelter.
- Nearly half of all female-headed households live in poverty.
As a McAuley supporter you can help address these problems.
How you can help McAuley with financial contributions.
How you can help McAuley with in-kind contributions.
For further information, please contact:
Development Office, McAuley Institute
8300 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910
301-588-8110 TEL 301-588-8154 FAX
How you can help McAuley financially:
- Contribute to our Annual Appeal. Your gift, whatever the amount, helps McAuley Institute provide technical assistance, make low interest loans and create housing for low income families.
- Consider a stock transfer, a bequest in your will, or name McAuley as your trust beneficiary
- Donate a gift of a life insurance policy - future premiums paid on a policy that names
McAuley Institute as the owner and beneficiary are fully tax deductible.
- Make a gift or low interest loan to McAuley's Revolving
Loan Fund. Your gifts permit McAuley to offer the lowest possible rates and flexible terms.
Your loans enable us to provide community organizations with the low cost capital needed to build
and maintain affordable housing.
- Subscribe to the Gazette - McAuley's quarterly newsletter -
for major news and analysis on key housing and community development initiatives.
Subscription rate: $15.00 annually.
Buy one or more of McAuley's House Pins. These brightly-colored,
hand-made pins are a fashion statement with a conscience! Proceeds help build affordable
housing, prevent homelessness and create healthy and stable communities.
Cost: $12.00 per pin.
Order form -- You may use this order form
to purchase pins, to subscribe to the Gazette, or to
purchase publications. The form is in pdf format, which may be accessed by using
Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please download a free copy.
Unable to access the order form? Please phone or mail your order request to:
8300 Colesville Road, Suite 310
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Please indicate the items(s) and quantities you are ordering, and make check payable to: McAuley Institute.
How you can help McAuley with
- Speak to your friends and associates about the need for safe, decent, affordable
housing for low income families
- Link McAuley Institute with potential donors willing to lend support
- Host a fundraising event and donate the proceeds to McAuley Institute
- Serve as a volunteer to help McAuley Institute stage one of its annual fundraising events
- Consider donating a house, art work of value, or other suitable property to McAuley
- Introduce McAuley Institute to a reporter, magazine editor, TV producer who is
willing to tell the story of McAuley's work
To the Top